Do you want to surprise your guests at Christmas dinner? Check out our tips to create an amazing environment to welcome Santa Claus. The ideas presented cater to all budgets and tastes.
However, many of these tips you can do yourself at home; use your creativity. So, learn how to decorate the Christmas dinner table, check out some tutorials, and get inspired with the most different options.
How to decorate the table for the Christmas dinner?
Following some simple tips, you can make a beautiful decoration to compose the table that will receive the Christmas dinner. Bet on Christmas colors, but if you want, you can also innovate.
Value Christmas items so as not to stray from the theme and pay special attention to small details. Just be careful not to overdo the decorations and pollute the decor. Let’s check out the tips?
Make flower arrangements
Want to make your table decoration whimsical? Use and abuse the flowers. You can use them to make a simple arrangement or add leaves, branches, and fruits to make the decoration very lush.
Bet on red flowers or mix colors. You can place the arrangement in the center of the table or in the living room to welcome guests. The most important thing is to work on the details.
Abuse of Christmas colors
The traditional Christmas colors are green and red. Still, gold and silver are widely used in Christmas decorations, as they make the environment more sophisticated and with a touch of refinement.
So, bet on these colors to compose the decoration of the Christmas dinner. Use towels in a red tone and prioritize ornaments in traditional colors. Even if you prefer a more clean decor, add some details in these colors.
Put Christmas ornaments
How about using the Christmas tree ornaments to decorate the supper table? You can place several balls inside glass jars or candlesticks to make the table look elegant.
Leaves, twigs, pine cones, and walnuts are traditional elements of a Christmas table. But you can make something different if you add Christmas ornaments like little Christmas trees, reindeer, Santa Claus, and Christmas star.
Use candles to light the table.
Families usually gather for Christmas dinner in the evening. Therefore, lighting is an item that you need to worry about when preparing the room decoration.
Most end up opting for the blinker and candle set for the supper to have a totally Christmas touch. You can vary the colors, sizes, and shapes in candles and use beautiful candle holders as a candle holder.
Enjoy fruits to decorate
Christmas dinner is not just made of turkey, lentils, cakes, and sweets. Fruits such as apricots, strawberries, peaches in syrup, cherries, dried fruits, walnuts, and almonds are very traditional for Christmas.
To innovate, you can build a tree using a variety of fruits. If you want to cheer up the kids, you can cut some fruit in the shapes of Christmas symbols and spread it on the supper table.
Customize objects from other Christmases
Christmas ornaments are expensive items, and it is not always possible to change the decoration every year. But if you use your creativity, you can customize the objects and turn them into new pieces.
You can use sequins, pearls, buttons, and other glittery items to change the decorations. Also, mix older kitchen utensils with newer ones.
How to decorate the Christmas dinner table without spending a lot?
If the money is short, don’t be sad. Follow some tips to make a beautiful decoration for your Christmas dinner table, without having to spend a lot.
- Buy some ornaments, use paper, leaves, flowers, and fruits, and make a beautiful arrangement for the table. There are several tutorials on the internet that teach you how to make beautiful arrangements;
- To save money, search for items in stores and supermarkets. Pay attention to prices and make comparisons. Be sure to try to negotiate a good discount;
- Right now, less is more. Therefore, using a towel with Christmas details may already be enough for your Christmas table. Just add some fruit and bet on glasses and glasses in the Christmas colors;
- If you’re short on space, bet on simple items like candles, small twigs, Christmas baubles, and flowers to decorate the table;
- How about decorating the table with only candles? Use different sizes and shapes to light up the place;
- You can turn some cups into candlesticks to hold candles. You can also use some glass bowls, add water, and include a candle of your own. To add the special touch, make a bow with a rustic string;
- If you have a glass fruit bowl, add twigs and fruit. Then just put some candles on top. You’ll see how it looks at the center of the table;
- Match the color of the tablecloth to the placemat to make the table look unique;
- Get creative and serve Christmas dinner dishes in different formats. Play with the food presentation to make the environment more joyful and tasty.